Cart 0
Loading Events
Find Events

Past Events › Workshops

Events List Navigation

September 2015
₱1500

Workshop: “Get Your $#!+ Together: Organization for Photographers”

September 26, 2015 • 13:0017:00
Thousandfold, Warehouse №509 VFP Building 2, Veterans Road, Veterans Center
Taguig, Metro Manila 1630 Philippines
+ Google Map

Making compelling images is only 10% of a photographer’s life. New York photographer Mike Ricca’s no-nonsense workshop will help the creative/photographer navigate the other 90%. Subject will cover photographer’s workflow, filing conventions, data protection & management to client contracts, releases, and more.

Find out more »
October 2015
₱800

Workshop: “PHOTOBOOKS 101 & THE PHOTOGRAPHER AS AUTHOR”, Part 1 of 2 of Wawi Navarroza “IN PRAISE OF PHOTOBOOKS” series

October 3, 2015 • 13:0017:00
Thousandfold, Warehouse №509 VFP Building 2, Veterans Road, Veterans Center
Taguig, Metro Manila 1630 Philippines
+ Google Map

Artist/photographer Wawi Navarroza, also the founder of Thousandfold, introduces the basics of the contemporary medium of Photobooks as a unique platform for photographers to present their own bodies of work and stories, and the evidential rise of the Photographer as Author. The session will illustrate and examine “photobooks” vis-a-vis “artist books,” monographs, and handmade photozines through a mix of lecture, show-and-tell and visual exercise. The attendees will be exposed to a fertile variety of content, design, and techniques applied by different authors and publishers. Throughout the afternoon, everyone in the class will be walked through seminal photobooks and a short history how the Photobook came into resurgence. This is a good opportunity to get started and be in the know with the current world-wide phenomenon of Photobooks.

Find out more »
₱4000

Workshop: “SELF-PUBLISHING YOUR OWN PHOTOBOOK/ARTIST BOOK”, Part 2 of 2 of Wawi Navarroza “IN PRAISE OF PHOTOBOOKS” series

October 10, 2015 • 10:00October 11, 2015 • 17:00
Thousandfold, Warehouse №509 VFP Building 2, Veterans Road, Veterans Center
Taguig, Metro Manila 1630 Philippines
+ Google Map

Wawi Navarroza, artist/photographer and author of 2 photobooks “DOMINION” and “Hunt & Gather, Terraria”, will teach a 2-day intensive weekend workshop to image-based artists and photographers wishing to build/publish their own photobooks/artist books. Applying the visual vocabulary gleaned from PART 1, the participants will be guided on both content and technique. Content : how to edit, sequence, and present their collected material (photos, texts, etc) into the shape of the author’s voice. Technique : they will be taught types of paper, ink, binding, pagination, and design to aid their own choices as what best fits their work. The class will be a blend of theory and applied practice. Guided by a mentor, the goal is to hack away the superfluous to make a solid piece of work true to the intentions of the artist. The students will also learn the rudiments and value of editioning and the current marketing/modes of distribution for self-published books. In class, the students will use their own laptops to layout in InDesign or similar software. At the end of the workshop, the participant will have made a comprehensive photobook mockup/dummy or a fully realized handmade photozine.

Find out more »
+ Export Events